Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 2: Staying Strong

Ok so I'm feeling really well right now. Today was probably the most focused and altert I've been in a very long time. I was able to stay awake and alert in all of my classes and did not require a long nap (I took a 15 min power nap around 1). I also did a 40 min run on the treadmil followed by 20ish (I forgot my watch) minutes in the sauna. I took it easy and ran about 5 miles an hour for 2 minutes, walked at about 3.5 to 4 miles an hour for 5 minutes then for the remaining 15 minutes back up to 5 miles an hour. I drank about 10 oz of lemonade before and during the workout and about 10 oz after sitting in the sauna for 20 min. I felt great! I did not get dizzy or light headed or anything you would expect from working out while being on a liquid diet. I did start to feel alittle nausious after I showered but I drank some lemonade and water and laid down for about 20 min and felt better. I think that might have to do with my lack of bowel movements. Hopefully the tea and salt baths will get me moving again (sorry if you didn't want to know that). My weight is 157 lbs and my waist is still 30 in. So I'm still smelling food everywhere I go. Hamburgers, pizza, bread, no matter where I go I smell some sort of food and instantly crave it. I read though after day 3 it shouldn't bother me anymore. I almost went crazy because I wanted an apple but I held out, stayed strong. We'll see how I feel after tomorrow.
Toodles!

No comments: