Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 5: Half Way!

Day 5 was a pretty relaxing day. I watched a few movies with friends. I pretty much stayed in my PJs the whole day (my ideal saturday). I probably didn't drink as much lemonade as I should have but I guess I didn't really need to because I wasn't very active. I did not have any hunger feelings at all, although, I have been dreaming about my first meal. Lentil soup. It sounds sooooo good but I'm not really tempted all that much. My roomie has food laying around and it hasen't even bothered me. I watched my friends devour a cheese pizza and that didn't bother me either. I guess you really do forget about eating after not eating for a few days. I love how I feel though. If I don't get anything out of this fast just improving my overall feeling of well being is worth it. Only one week ago I would wake up feeling like I was hit by a truck every morning and now I wake up feeling refreshed, even when I've had a late night and have to get up early the next morning. I'm more alert and focused in class and everything. It's great! I should have done this two years ago when my sister told me about it! Then maybe my grades would be better. But wheves. I have notice also that I don't really want to go back to eating the way I did before. The first few days of the fast I was having horrible cravings for things like hamburgers and greasy pizza and french fries, stuff I don't even eat very often, but now I don't crave those things any more. I don't really crave anything but sometimes I'm looking forward to having fruit, lentils, salads, fish. I noticed that I haven't really craved any meat since day 3. I think my body knows it will be had to digest meat after not eating solid food for 10 days. I think I'll give my body a break from meat for a week or so after the fast and then ease back in to it with fish. We'll see though.

No comments: